- Frank Ocean performed live at Coachella after a six-year hiatus
- Some fans were apparently disappointed as the performance didn't meet their expectations
- Justin Bieber praised the performance and Ocean's “artistry” on Instagram
- Ocean reportedly injured himself before the performance, leading to significant changes to the planned show
- Despite the changes, Bieber was deeply moved by Ocean's performance and said it inspired him to become a better artist
Frank Ocean had his first live performance in six years and it was at Coachella. However, many of his fans were left confused and disappointed as it didn't live up to their expectations after waiting so long.
Justin Bieber apparently loved it and posted a tribute to Ocean on Instagram. Bieber shared that he was “blown away by Frank Oceans Coachella performance. His artistry is simply unmatched, his style, his taste, his voice, his attention to detail.. I was deeply moved.”
Bieber’s comments come after the initial blow-back by fans, as well as the later news that it turns out Ocean had injured himself just before performing which lead to significant changes to the planned performance. Despite the changes, Bieber said Ocean “made me want to keep going and get better as an artist. He continues to set the bar high and gave me a night I will never forget!”